How to Achieve Organised Archiving
Maybe we’ve all softened a little too much. Grown to know a life too comfortable. We don’t camp anymore. Not really. Not the way we used to. Marshmallows burning on the end of sticks, beds that deflate overnight, faulty tent zips and a wombat trying to break in to the esky. These days we glamp instead! Glam camping. Luxury camping. Outdoorsy five star living. Instead of a tent, it’s a fully decked out canvas room. Heated, or cooled to your preference, dry, protected and always wifi connected. Now you can experience nature without really having to, well, you know, experience nature.
Camping trips now aren’t always the stripped down, back to nature sojourns that they used to be. Camping was a way to cut out all the noise and unnecessities in our life and all those pesky distractions and indulgences. It could force us to consider our needs with clarity. Eat when you’re hungry, sleep when it’s dark. If you’ve got food and shelter and a friend to share it with, you’ve really got all you need. And the view of the night sky doesn’t hurt.
So what is it that your organisation really needs? If you were to strip it all back and consider your “needs” and your “nice to haves” what are you left with? I’m sure a list may begin to form in your mind. And of course these are the things you’ll regularly consider, especially knowing where and when money can be saved.
Ask yourself, where on that list is your records management? Have you thought about your archives’ organisation? It’s vital to prioritise records management and to consider the way you organise your archives. A management procedure of document maintenance and storage is immeasurably important for regulatory compliance. Not only that though, records management has direct impact on your organisation’s efficiency and productivity.
Let’s consider your document archiving. Why does it matter?
Organised archiving makes good business sense. It’s not a mere luxury or convenience however, it’s the law in Australia. There are multiple regulations that concern the preservation and protection of records in Australia including Principle 4 of the Privacy Act which outlines the storage and destruction requirements of personal information. For your organisation to meet the appropriate legal standards, you need to be armed with knowledge, preparedness and a willingness to meet the challenge of proper records management.
How can you achieve an organised document archive?
When archiving your organisation’s documents, accessibility needs to be a priority. While ensuring the safety and security of your records, it’s important than employees are always able to access what they need, when they need it, particularly for taxation and auditing purposes. Anything else can be a huge headache and a massive waste of time for your employees. Luckily for you and your organisation there are local specialists ready and available. There are a few different options available if you’re considering expert help:
- You can opt to partner with an off-site storage company who will enhance efficiency and security by managing your records giving you peace of mind that your organisation is compliant with its information secure.
- There are automated tools available which will effectively classify all business records. Classification helps to identify which records are due to be shredded.
- Effective off-site storage and archiving will also reduce your storage costs while ensuring archived documents are still easily accessible.
- ZircoDATA offers digital archiving for Enterprise customer assisting in front end information management and archiving.
There are countless benefits to outsourcing your document storage and archiving. To make the most of these benefits, it’s important to choose a partner with a reputable supplier. To assist with your selection, make sure:
- The partner holds appropriate industry accreditations and consistently follows set security standards. If you’re not sure, request to audit their warehouses and processes.
- Security is a number one priority. You should be able to track your information at every step ensuring chain of custody, convenient retrieval and compliance.
- Police cleared personnel are used throughout the organisation.
- The tools you need to readily access your information are always available.
- Information is stored in a secure environment, protected from the elements and any event such as flood or fire.
- Access is given to multiple integrated services including document storage, digitisation and destruction. Ensuring this, you’ll have a consistent approach to all of your information requirements.
Your organisation can thrive on stripping back, getting back to nature, so to speak, and getting back to basics. The important thing is knowing what those basics are and not underestimating your information management process. When considering your archiving options, know the importance of a program that guarantees compliance and productivity for your organisation. To get your program up and running and working for you, contact the team at ZircoDATA via this link or feel free to call at 13 ZIRCO or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.